I ran into an issue today that I'm still trying to wrap my head
around, and I wanted to bounce this off of you guys. I have a physical
network whose isolation method is set to 'VXLAN' (v4.3+). I add my
Public traffic type to it. I'd assume that nics generated for public
traffic would have the standard vxlan://  URI for  isolation URI and
broadcast URI, but they just have a vlan://. Digging into it, it seems
that public traffic is hard-coded to BroadcastDomainType.Vlan. I fixed
this fairly easily for my testing, there were only a few places to
fix, by pulling the BroadcastDomainType from the network object rather
than hardcoding it, but that found another problem. This only works if
I change the broadcast type in the 'networks' mysql table by hand, as
during zone deployment the public network creation is also hard-coded
to vlan.

  I'm not sure how to go about fixing this, since the Public, Control,
Management networks are created upon zone deployment, (see
createDefaultSystemNetworks). The immediate thing that jumped out was
a config variable for public isolation method, set prior to zone
deployment, or perhaps even one that overrides what's in the table.

  While I've got your attention, what's the deal with isolation method
vs broadcast method? These are always set to the same thing as far as
I've seen.