Mike,

If you're using eclipse, checkstyle has a plugin that you can install.  Point
the plugin to the style file in tools/checkstyle/cloud-style.xml and it will
use the same syntax.  I've always found it much easier to use the plugin than
to read the build outputs.

If you don't want to install the plugin, I don't think your log copy didn't
include the actual errors.  You might want to look further up or down on your
console to see what's the violation.

--Alex