Are you sure all of the ones are needed. A quick look at 20+ commits from Daan
show many formatting changes that may not be necessary and hinder quick review.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugo Trippaers [mailto:trip...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:16 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Findbugs report on 4.3-forward

Sent from my iPhone

> On 28 jan. 2014, at 23:50, Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>

We limited our fixes to only the important issues that we found. The other 6000
issues between coverity and findbugs are still being triaged and will probably
not make it into this release.

> This is why we test any RC before we release it.
> [Animesh] Of course but timing is a bit off, if this was done a month back it
> would have been fine.
> I say include all the big fixes we have in the release. If that means more
> testing before we cut the RC then that is what it is. I can't rightfully vote
> for a release with known issues with existing fixes.
> [Animesh] Any release will have known issues, if we have fixes but can't be
> sure on regression impact then we have to make a choice.

Agreed, but we just don't agree on what that choice should be yet ;-)

> Quality over release schedule would be my vote then.
> [Animesh] But why so late? Why was this activity not planned early on? I have
> been reminding community to call out issues early on since like mid-December.

On November 4 I sent the mail to the dev list that static code analysis
(coverity) found 6000+ issues that needed to be triaged. I worked on quite a
few with my colleagues, but it's a big task for just the four of us. Findbugs
just helped us to quickly identify the real scary issues among them.
So I agree that the timing is less than ideal, but we should do our utmost best
to ship the highest quality piece of software we can.