> After reviewing all the suggestions, we should probably do this in the
> future:
>
> 1) Introduce the call reserveCapacityForVirtualMachine. You can execute
> the call with "count" parameter to reserve the capacity for "n" vms w/o
> actually deploying them on the backend(no actual volume creation on
> storage, no vm start on the host).

Doesn't the deployVirtualMachine with startvm=false accomplish most of
this? (admittedly there'd be volume creation, and vm start)

> 2) Enhance deployVm call with "count" parameter. Before actual vm
> deployment, reserveCapacity underlying method should be called to reserve
> the capacity for all "n" vms requested in the call.

I think you'll find this is a heavily desired functionality. I know
folks who have rather simple portals that call deployVM in a for loop
to pull this off.

> 3) Improve InsufficientCapacity error messages returned when deployVm
> fails to return more clear reason for vm deployment failure.

I'd be somewhat worried about information leakage even more with
ability to use count=n. Imagine me going to $foo_cloud_provider and
running this to determine exactly how much capacity is available. I
assume (though didn't see it explicitly called out) that quotas would
cause a failure in capacity checking as well? If so, that would
probably ameliorate any concerns.

--David