I’ve been tinkering with httpd proxying the UI via mod_proxy_ajp, then using
mod_deflate to compress on the httpd side. That gets me about a 2.5x decrease
in loading the login screen. system.js, which is the largest item downloaded by
default is around 980k, with gzip that drops to 68k.

I wanna see if I can squeeze a little more performance out by caching the
static stuff…once I get some stats out of that I’ll turn it into a blog post
later this week.

John