From: France [mailto:mailingli...@isg.si]
Sent: 10 February 2014 10:37
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: BUG report: Excessive use of LVM snapshots on XenServer, that
leads to snapshot failure and unnecessary disk usage.

Thank you for your answer Daan.

How can one attract interest of developers?
One would think, that non-working basic functionality (eg. snapshots), should
be an interesting topic for all developers.

As would also be unnecessary killing of VMs like in my bug from: 4.Jul.2013:

Or disabling open recursive DNS resolvers:

etc..

Hopefully someone will read this mail and take some actions.
I'm sure i would contribute code, if i knew java. :-) So i contribute the only
whey i can, which is testing.

Regards,
F.

On 10/2/14 9:52 AM, Daan Hoogland wrote:
> France,
>
> Most work is done by volunteers. You'll have to get someone interested
> in your bug reports to make sure it is handled. Some of us sweep
> through older tickets once in a while but there is no rule or process
> to make sure of that. We can always use more volunteers;)
>
> regards,
> Daan
>
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 6:20 PM, France <mailingli...@isg.si> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> is there a chance that someone looks at my bug report, to check if it does
>> make sense?
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6060
>>
>> I've also noticed that my older bug reports form half a year ago, have had
>> no status update. Is this normal and expected? Is it possible that they get
>> overlooked?
>>
>> Regards,
>> F.

Our CloudStack Infrastructure
Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the
best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

18th-19th February 2014, Brazil.
Classroom<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
17th-23rd March 2014, Region A. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
24th-28th March 2014, Region B. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
16th-20th June 2014, Region A. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
23rd-27th June 2014, Region B. Instructor led,
On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company
incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company
incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape
Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.