Daan,
 I looked at the code in acl-item-cidrs. Persisting cidrs in separate table
looks good.
Pending items:

1. All references to NetworkACLItemVO.getSourceCidrList() should call
NetworkACLItemDao.loadCidrs. Cidr list won't be available otherwise.
2. Migration code should be added to upgrade path to move existing cidrs to new
network_acl_item_cidr table

Regards,
kishan