From: Andrei Mikhailovsky [mailto:and...@arhont.com]
Sent: 25 March 2014 05:51
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: ACS + RBD = mixed RAW/QCOW2 formats

Hello guys,

Was wondering if anyone noticed that when you create images/vms you sometimes
get the wrong format shown in the database. I've noticed, but couldn't find the
correlation yet, that sometimes I get the QCOW2 disk image format and sometimes
the RAW format when ACS stores images on the RBD primary storage.

Not sure if this relates to how images are created (from
snapshots/templates/image_wizzard). As a result, i tend to have an issue with
volume snapshot creation when incorrect format is specified.

Thanks

Andrei