Hey,

4.4 is in feature freeze, so no new features will be added. I think its fair to
debate if this is a feature in that sense. It seems like minor changes and the
addition of a few scripts, making it a simple change in my view. It would be
great to be able to announce this, but for it to be part of a release i think
we need a couple of other things to be done. The most prominent are, packaging,
testing and documentation.

Documentation:
        If we want to ship this with 4.4 and announce that CS now runs on
windows we need to have the installation manual covered at least.

Packaging:
        We can’t expect our users to build it themselves on windows. So we need
some kind of packaging that people can install on their windows server.

Testing:
        We need to automagically verify that these changes aren’t affected by
future changes. I would expect to see the packaging and functional tests on
starting and stopping CS on a windows host as part of the automated test
procedure. I’d be happy to work with you to set it up on Jenkins.

If we can fix these items before the bug fix phase i’d be +1 to include this in
the 4.4 release, but of course this is depending on the consensus in the
community. I’m just the RM, not the guy who decides what goes into a release.

Cheers,

Hugo