Hello All,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with an issue I keep getting.

My builds seem to be working A-OK, I can get Jetty running, build noredist,
deploy database etc. The issue seems to only be with whatever IDE I use. I
would like to use IntelliJ IDEA so I've been doing most of my hair pulling
with the latest version. I've loaded up the project and tried to make
however have been getting lots of errors.

It seems that the majority of errors are related to imports statements.
Using IntelliJ I can 'fix' the issue by selecting 'Add to Class path'. Once
done, this seems to work and remove that error. I've re-built from the
command line before & after this process and I don't get any knock-on
effects. I looked at the classpath file before and it appeared all were
already there, with explicit links to the jar files.

After having gone through all the import statements causing errors I now get
errors related to the spring framework. The error says it can't find the
class file for a selection of objects, first one I see is
o.s.c.e.EnvironmentCapable. I guess this is something similar to the
classpath issue above, as the project will compile on the command line.

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? What am I missing?

And help gratefully received!

Alex Hitchins
E: a...@alexhitchins.com
W: alexhitchins.com