Hi Marcus,

This is regarding bug fix: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5853
I see that as a fix, in ClusterScopeStoragePoolAllocator we remove the storage
pools from avoid set if they happen to match the tag but are found in avoid set.

However this fix is not correct since it breaks the design of avoid set. A
storage pool might be put in the 'avoid' set by the calling logic for a valid
reason like capacity exceeded or creation of disks failed on previous try etc.
In such cases the fix will override the avoid set and keep on trying the same
pool.

So will it be possible for you to revert
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5853?

The correct way to fix this is handling of the avoid set in the caller of the
StoragePoolAllocator - in most of the VM operations the caller is the
DeploymentPlanningManager.
I had already added the necessary fix in DeploymentPlanningManager  through
this ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5426

Thanks,
Prachi