From: Murali Reddy [mailto:murali.re...@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:54 PM
To: Chiradeep Vittal; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Sheng Yang; Jayapal Reddy Uradi; Alena Prokharchyk
Subject: Re: NetworkOrchestrator selects 2 NetworkGurus at one time....

This is know design issue. Unlike service orchestration (which has prescriptive
way to tell which network elements to be called for with network offerings )
there is no such logic for network design. Orchestrator just loops through all
the network guru's asking to design the network which can results in one or
more networks. Hugo did a cleanup [1] but I believe it was not merged as there
was no consensus. There is 1-1 mapping between isolation type and Guru but In
this case both Brocade Guru and ExternalNetworkGuru will attempt to design the
VLAN isolated networks.

One in-elegent solution is to hard code ExternalGuestNetworu guru to skip
network deign when Brocade plug-in is supposed to do design the network. Other
option could be exclude ExternalNetworkGuru bean from spring class loader.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cloudstack.apache.org/msg17344.html