Not certain if this mechanism exists, if it does, please let me know.

Some settings in ACS that are defined as global setting - can be used on much lower level, for example vm.full.clone - can be used on global, zone, pod, cluster and possibly even VM itself.
systemvm.use.local.disk - should be a global and zone
vm.instancename.flag - can be used on zone level, pod and cluster (or even VM)

Instead of porting one call at a time based on customer request, would it be possible to define Global Setting inheritance rule set. For example if inheritance rule is set to global, it can be overriden on zone leve, and even cluster or host. We would need a settings inheritance tab - that shows what configs have been inherited from upstream and ability to override the config on lower level.

I'd propose for inheritance to go from Global Setting, Zone, Pod, Cluster, Host and VM. Needless to say, not all Global Settings can be in each category.

Any thoughts on this?