Let me try that again, this time with content!

I've dropped private@, since this doesn't belong there.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Daan Hoogland wrote:
>>
>> I do not see why the PMC should drive defining the
>> standard. This is something that should be carried and cherished by
>> all developers.
>

> In my experience when something is everyone's responsibility, eventually
> no one is responsible for it.
>
> I think the PMC should drive it because IMHO the PMC comprises of our
> project management folks who have decision making powers and are
> officially responsible for the project as recognized by the ASF [1].
>
> Therefore, I'm requesting our PMC to come up with a convention along
> with committers/developers on this issue and enforce it using some
> tooling etc.
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.htm

Everyone here is part of the community, and everyone deserves a say in
how this is done.  If you're suggesting that PMC members should be
involved in this discussion, agreed!  But should should committers and
contributors!