Gaurav,

I think you are now pointing at one of the qualities of our API that
need to be addressed in 5.0 [1]. I may be wrong but I don't think a
standard behavior in these cases is defined and every list api has a
choice of several conventions to folow. Feel free to define what the
behavior should be in a future version by editing [1] :)

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/API+changes

--
Daan