Hi, all

I have asked this question on users list, but got no answers, so moving the
question to dev list:

When adding a new (kvm) host to a cluster, the UI asks for a user name (doc
says “usually the root”) and its password.  It seems that CS management server
will ssh into port 22 of new host with this username/password to do its magics
(requires root privilege!). And I also noticed through experiments that this
credential is also required when bringing a  host in or out of maintenance mode
etc.

Because our corporate security policy does not allow direct root user login
with a password, I am wondering are there any other mechanisms available to
allow CS management server to manage (kvm) hypervisor hosts?  Possible
solutions are using either public key authentication for root or using a non
root user with sudo privilege on hypervisor hosts.  I have not found
documentations on this subject.

Thanks,

Yiping