On Sep 11, 2014, at 10:50 AM, sandeep khandekar <cloudstack.sand...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear cloudstackers,
>
> I am trying to install cloudstack 4.2  developer version from the following
> link.
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/master/developer_guide.html
>
> How to add devcloud?
> downloaded and started devcloud on virtualbox,
>
> when I login I cant see primary and secondary storage, default templates
> not yet started?
> My doubt is do I need to execute the following commands in devcloud or my
> management server host

I usually do it on the mgt server (your localhost)

> Adding DevCloud as an Hypervisor
>
> Picking up from a clean build:
>
> mvn -Pdeveloper,systemvm clean install
> mvn -P developer -pl developer,tools/devcloud -Ddeploydb
>
> At this stage install marvin similarly than with the simulator:
>
> pip install tools/marvin/dist/Marvin-0.1.0.tar.gz
>
> Start the management server
>
> mvn -pl client jetty:run
>
> Then you are going to configure CloudStack to use the running DevCloud
> instance:
>
> cd tools/devcloud
> python ../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py -i devcloud.cfg
>
> I execute the above commands on host not in devcloud.

Do you see errors in the mgt server logs, doe the marvin deployDataCenter
script completes successfully ?

> My management server is in ubuntu and devcloud is on virtualbox.
>
> How to add secstorage and primary storage after executing the below command
>
> python ../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py -i devcloud.cfg
>
> How to bring ssvm up and how to install tiny linux?

They should all come up automatically after running
> python ../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py -i devcloud.cfg

You might want to check:
https://github.com/imduffy15/GSoC-2014

Which is an alternative to devcloud and works better.