Mike,

  Lets wait for sometime, till someone from Citrix respond.
I am working from Garage and not from Citrix and do not have quick access to
VMWare setup.
In case we are still not sure about the VMWare template then we can plan a more
collaborative effort by participating in a debugging session.
I can pass on the information on issues that I have seen, we can then put some
joint effort to fix these followed by documenting/automating these.

I still hope that Sateesh or someone form Citrix respond on the latex VMware
templates and procedure.

-abhi