Rohit,

Does packages from  j.bac.o  will have a -SNAPSHOT or -<date> suffix in
packages and acs version from the API ? I don't think the suffix addition
should be to user discretion but be there by default when using documented
build procedure. also, if I compare to lot of other free software dev, the
current working version is always pre release version number, as example
for us:  working on 4.5.0 would mean that the current version in pom.xmls
would be 4.4.99 and at the release commit for GA, the version would be bump
to 4.5.0.

I'm concerned on having a dev branch like 4.5 having pom.xml
package(rpm/deb) version set to a non GA 4.5.0, because if somewone build
is own RPMs or use  those from j.bac.o, how can he know afterward that he
is running on a non GA version ?

over last months I've build and upgrade acs quite often from -SNAPSHOT to
GA release, what I found is that if I upgrade rpms from ex:
cloudstack-management-4.4.1-SNAPSHOT.el6.x86_64.rpm to
cloudstack-management-4.4.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm

The safest upgrade path I've found so far:
uninstall cloudstack-management + ...
update url in /etc/yum.repo.d/cloudstack.repo
yum clean all
yum install cloudstack-management

*Pierre-Luc DION*
t 855.652.5683

*CloudOps* Votre partenaire infonuagique* | *Cloud Solutions Experts
w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_