Cool...so, it sounds like any branch we create in the repo will
automatically have CI run against it post each commit.

How do you know when CI has completed and what the results are?

At that point, you could treat your own branch (as Daan says) as the
"forward" branch. Once CI has been successful, you can merge your code to,
say, 4.5 (or the RM can).

We then need a protocol for when we merge to 4.5 from our own branch, but
don't want to have those changes in master.

If we do want those changes, of course we can just merge from 4.5 to master.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com