FWIW, I had worked to get the CHANGES file up to date for 4.4.0

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.4/CHANGES.md

Every time we commit folks should make sure to update the CHANGES file.

It's really about good practice, but again we can't force people to do it and I
won't even try to do a [PROPOSAL] on this.