On Nov 11, 2014, at 11:16 PM, Ian Duffy <i...@ianduffy.ie> wrote:
> I did not.... I will check them out. Does it matter for tooling?

No, using (say) GPL licensed or commercially licensed build tools is fine. The
only thing we don't want is really crazy tool licenses that place some kind of
claim on generated artifacts, but I'm not aware of anything like that in the
javascript community.

The obvious example to help remember this is using GCC to compile httpd for
linux, or visual studio to compile httpd for windows, etc etc.

As an aside, node.js, grunt and most other modern javascript magic is all MIT
licensed, which would be compatible to redistribute, too -- not that we should.

cheers!

Leo, gruntjs fan, didn't know gulp until just now