I agree that more tests are welcome, we have to try then :)

> Afaik non-pmc's aren't binding and any votes would merely be an
indication,
> or do i  misunderstand?

All votes are important [1] and count as indicator, who ever vote mean
something, It also show that the community members did some tests  or
review of some kind. And whoever doing a -1 with valid justification will
be listen. It would be much more interesting to see an RC with 15 non
binding votes than the  3 minimum binding.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html