1+ from me for XenServer root disk resize for template deployments!

I'm going with Nux on the single partition scheme and I want my root disk under
2GB as most all of my deployments are minimal systems. This makes the journey
from sec storage to primary storage quite a bit faster. I need to deploy and
resize and be running in under 60 seconds if possible to keep my users from
sitting around waiting.

I will be using hostbill in front of my ACS and they offer these sliders for
choosing how much resources you want. Users really like this and if they deploy
my 2gb template I'd like to be able to give them that 50GB disk they ask for
without using a data disk.

If cloud-init can do this then I as a user would develop my templates around
the file system layout that it supports. EXT3,EXT4,BTRFS or LVM....I honestly
don't care for using LVM in a Virtual Machine, it's just one more layer of
complexity on a disk that doesn’t need to be there. Most all Linux file systems
can support online resize without LVM so I would consider not using it to
simplify cloud-init resize.

Just my 2cents

Matthew Midgett