From: Rohit Yadav [mailto:rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com]
Sent: 09 December 2014 13:26
To: dev
Subject: [VOTE] Simplify CloudMonkey's branching/maintenance process

Hi,

CloudMonkey's git repo history is mostly linear and the work on master is
simply getting synced on 5.3 branch. I want to ask the community if anyone has
any objections on just keeping master as the working branch and have branches
when they are needed (say documentation, feature work
etc) and once they are merged they can be removed. We have git tags to identify
past release so is it also alright with everyone to remove the support branches
such as 5.3/5.2 etc.

This way we will have:
- one main working branch (master)
- branch based workflow: feature branches for doing feature work, pull requests
or reviewboard for bugfixes for non-committers
- master is aimed to remain stable
- master will have its own TravisCI and tests (in upcoming weeks)
- CloudMonkey aims for progressive/rolling releases that are backward
compatible with older releases and have clean upgrades

For this please vote with your comments/suggestions;

+1  approve
+0  no opinion
-1  disapprove (and reason why)

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 8826230892 | rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com
Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab PS. If you see any footer below, I did
not add it :) Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related
services

CloudStack Software
CloudStack Infrastructure
Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company
incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company
incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape
Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company
registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from