On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 7:15 PM, Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion...@apache.org> wrote:
> Quick resume of  2014-01-21 call on GoToMeeting:
>
> - it was not recorded
> - all notes are on:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Gate+implementation+plan
>

> 1. Peer review for pull request, merge request or patches is not viable
> because  it require too much effort from the community.
making a review result in a direct pull was considdered desirable. At
leasty a description of the process (pull locally from github into the
right branch and push back to apache) will be documented and automated
in a script as much as possible (probably a short snippet if not one
liner)

> 2. github pull request is the easiest way to contribute, so David will
> setup trigger on github to launch CI against PR using jenkins plugin: pull
> request builder
> 3. gated commit using gerrit might be highly complex to put in place, but
> highly fit in the hospitality and quality principles
> 4. need to move jenkins.bac,o into Apache infra

It was also agreed upon to return to the high level requirements and
discuss git workflow in paralel with this first poc implementation.

The reason this came up was that the number of reviews required was a
point of discussion at a certain point

Personally I feel that this way of working is very suitable: keep
iterating between high level and drill down and deliver small parts
for evaluation.

--
Daan