Hi Wido,

I didn't see the format information for snapshots stored in the
database, so I'm assuming it references the associated volume format.

I assume the cleanest way to get around that would be to have a
separate format field for snapshots, but that wouldn't really make
sense just for this one use case.  Another way would be to just have
the restore (create template from snapshot, etc.) function always
assume QCOW2 for RBD snapshots, but that's dirty, and would cause
problems for existing snapshots.

It seems like the best method would be to have the restore function
look at the actual file to get the format information instead of
pulling it from the database, though I'm not sure if that's even
possible.

Does anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank You,

Logan Barfield
Tranquil Hosting