From: Geoff Higginbottom [mailto:geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com]
Sent: 09 February 2015 13:54
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.0 RC3

Hi Pierre-Luc,

You are right Basic Networking 'With' security Groups requires Linux Bridge,
and will not work with OVS.

This is a Basic Zone 'Without' security groups so OVS should work.  Linux
Bridge is only required if you use Security Groups.

I know of a CloudStack install running a Basic Zone without Security Groups
on 4.3.x and they are using OVS without any problems.

I did a test upgrade to 4.5.0 and the Hosts stay in Alert State.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com