Hi Diwas,

The idea is to support Docker in ACS, much like LXC since they are
similar (containers). This of course would have some limitations wrt
supporting various network models and disk operations such as taking
snapshot and migrations across hosts.

((Btw, you may also consider supporting Bhyve (VMM from FreeBSD
community) in CloudStack using libvirt which is another interesting
project.))

Irrespective of what base OS (RancherOS, CoreOS or Atomic etc) will be,
assume it will be at least Linux 3.16. Assume using barebone
technologies instead of relying on other orchestration or high level
systems to control Docker images unless what you're willing to use are
stable enough.

While it's an open discussion on what the scope or the best way to do
it; IMO, the basic things I'm looking for are:

- Support Basic networking (supporting at least Linux bridge or maybe
OVS - I'm not sure the best way to do it)
- SystemVMs can be Docker based or VMs running on KVM
- Local or NFS based shared storage. Support basic operations such as -
upload/register template, create VMs using template.
- Console proxy support (if possible).

Since most players in the docker arena are still figuring out best way
to deal with networking and storage, the expectation of the work is
limited to producing an experimental hypervisor plugin.

For implementation details, read CloudStack 101 on the wiki, see how
plugins are written and follow the LXC plugin implementation or see this
commit:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/c27c69438ba23386bac7ae4dd651b1d809811157