A nice vision Keerthi. I would love to see something like this implemented
in CloudStack.

Sometimes we just want to link VMs at Layer 2. I¹m aware that there are
ways of doing this without instantiating virtual routers, but these
methods are not officially supported. CloudStack seems very much focused
on Layer 3 networking. The ability to build VPCs without assigning IP
addresses to every interface would be very useful.

Best regards,

-Christian

Christian Lafferty (BT)