Hi Christian,

This is a feature put forward by myself.  As a non-developer I can come up with
these things and throw them over the wall to the developers and pretend I don't
know how complicated it is :)

In summary, it requires a few other pieces of the roadmap to be in place. The
high level plan is to move ever closer to a driver/plugin model for CloudStack.
 For this feature we need to fully separate the VR plugin code from the 'core'
code and create strong contracts for VR commands/responses.  Then 'anyone' can
create and maintain drivers for any type of router/firewall/vpn
endpoint/loadbalancer. The CloudStack community would then continue to maintain
the 'standard' VR/VPC.

We're also developing OSPF capable and a routing-mode VPC offerings which we
hope will be in 4.6

I'd be interested to hear how you're using  the L2 devices to see where if we
can fit it in to our 'Enterprise use' enhancements.

Regards,

Paul Angus
Cloud Architect
D: +44 20 3468 5163 |S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +44 7711 418 784 | T: @CloudyAngus