Do not squash commits and hide history unless it makes reading it much
and obviously clearer. It is only good in my not so humble opinion in
case of to and fro commits where a thing has been reverted and
reapplied and reverted again and so on.

Also do not rebase commits but make merge commits, this make seeing
what happened when much easier and also make reverting of big chunks
of work easier: if it seems to work merge, if it turns out it doesn't
revert the merge fix and merge again.

€0,02

--
Daan