Hello all,

One of my co-workers and I just installed a Cloudstack 4.5 system.   All seemed
well until we started trying to import templates from another system we manage.

The SSVM downloads the image, then check it using the "vhd-util" utility from
XenServer.

The error generated is "/bin/vhd-util no such file" or something along those
lines.   This failure to check the VHD files causes the template imports to
fail.

This is apparently is caused by vhd-util being a 32-bit binary, linked to
32-bit libs, and there being no 32-bit libs present on the SSVM image.

Using advice from this article:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/9d8a62d0ee379bf8b67405944c86f68587245db6

we were able to get the system importing templates alright, but this isn't a
permanent fix of the system VM template.. if we ever change our SSVM, we lose
the modifications.

I'm loathe to modify the SSVM template in the system myself, as I don't have
the facilities to test if this change would break other functions such as VR's
etc..

If whomever deals with such things could create a new system VM template that
contains the libs, or uses a statically-linked vhd-util executable, and let the
list know where to get it & how to replace the existing system VM, that would
be grand.

Thanks!   :)

Todd Hebert
Hosting engineer