Github user wilderrodrigues commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/615#issuecomment-123766531

    Hi guys,

    1. RegisterSSHKeyPairCmd.getPublicKey() doesn't do a decoding of the key.
That's just a simple getter method.
    2. However, I don't think the addition of the URLDecoder for the public key
is really necessary.

    I have seen the use of URLDecoder for the cypher text, an URL or form data,
but not the pub-key itself being decoded using W3C.

    """ Decodes a application/x-www-form-urlencoded string using a specific
encoding scheme. The supplied encoding is used to determine what characters are
represented by any consecutive sequences of the form "%xy".

    Note: The World Wide Web Consortium Recommendation states that UTF-8 should
be used. Not doing so may introduce incompatibilities."""

    @DaanHoogland, is it being done because the data is coming via the API,
which is a web based? If so, it does make sense.

    @borisroman: in order to make Java compatible with the RFC-3986, we need to
do something like:

    * To comply with RFC-3986.
    * URLEncoder.encode(original, "UTF-8").replace("+", "%20").replace("*",
"%2A").replace("%7E", "~");

    Perhaps finding where the pub-key gets decoded before the the code Daan
added is better than just removing it.

    In addition, could you let me know which steps you followed to test it? I
would like to help verifying.

    Cheers,
    Wilder

---