Github user pdion891 commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/608#issuecomment-125378707

    +1 for the concept, we need to get rid of old crappy stuff, none of those
upgrade path are tested during RC and dev a release. Some of them have been
removed from 4.5 release notes because they were not tested.

    Although, some upgrade path should remain, maybe from 4.3.x. also, I
wouldn't add this in 4.6 but maybe the next one 4.7 or 5.0? Out of curiosity,
where the database structure get created/updated from removed code?

    In theory if someone want's to upgrade from something as old a 3.x to 4.6,
he would probably need to do some intermediary upgrade, which is fairly
standard in the firmware world and anyway, he wouldn't have just cloudstack to
upgrade but far probably the hypervisor stack too.

    My 2 cents ;)  I'm more in favor of a much more solid app confirmed by
coverity then outdated upgrade path to a so-so version.

---
with INFRA.
---