Currently we are putting in effort to make sure no commit goes in directly
without a PR. Based on that, I think it makes sense to treat any reported
regression bug as a release blocker. If the bug is reported after release then
it is a different issue and needs to be fixed in the subsequent release.
Otherwise the quality process wouldn't make sense.