What I mean to say is that unit test are meant to test individual unit which
here is getPatchFilePath and not meant to test hierarchy as you are pointing
out here. By individual unit I mean it doesn’t matter for test that it is in
class A or class B. This way you are kind of justifying that we should write
test for any constant which you have defined has the value which you have
given. Because constant under different classes can have different values.

Can you point to any reference which justifies writing tests for this kind of
scenario?

Regards,
Anshul

On 19-Aug-2015, at 11:34 am, Daan Hoogland