On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 7:08 PM, Eric <epretori...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Thanks, Erik!
> Is there a discussion forum where contributors can discuss documentation?
> I believe that, like all things in technology, there should be a set of
> conventions that guide authors in the use of common terms. e.g., Xen? Or
> Xen Project? Or XenServer?

One thing we want to ensure is that the terms we use are accurate.  In
CloudStack, as with the general tech world, there is a tendency to make Xen
== XenServer when it isn't.  XenServer is supported supported by CloudStack
via XAPI where the Xen Project Hypervisor isn't currently present in native
form. Oracle VM is also supported by CloudStack, so we'd also want to
ensure any Xen discussion recognizes that Xen doesn't imply XenServer and
vice-versa.

In terms of other conventions, we've evolved to where we are and welcome
input for how the documentation can be both clearer and more usable.

-tim