Github user serbaut commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/981#issuecomment-151805357

    Thanks. I still haven't given up on writing a test for this. Just found one
issue with running

        python2.7 marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py -i
devcloud-kvm/devcloud-kvm-advanced.cfg

    That config uses a logger config that doesn't work with marvin.

    Now I can't get nose to use python2.7, even when running nosetest2.7:

        [root@devcloud-kvm cloudstack]# nosetests-2.7 --with-marvin
--marvin-config=tools/devcloud-kvm/devcloud-kvm-advanced.cfg -a tags='devcloud'
        ==== Marvin Init Started ====

        === Marvin Parse Config Successful ===

        === Marvin Setting TestData Successful===

        ==== Log Folder Path: /tmp//MarvinLogs//Oct_28_2015_05_10_35_QWNYQ4.
All logs will be available here ====

        === Marvin Init Logging Successful===

        ==== Marvin Init Successful ====
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File
"/root/cloudstack/test/integration/component/find_hosts_for_migration.py", line
21, in <module>
            from nose.plugins.attrib import attr
        ImportError: cannot import name attr
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File
"/root/cloudstack/test/integration/component/maint/test_bugs.py", line 19, in
<module>
            from marvin.cloudstackTestCase import cloudstackTestCase, unittest
        ImportError: No module named marvin.cloudstackTestCase
        ^C  File
"/root/cloudstack/test/integration/component/maint/test_dedicate_guest_vlan_ranges.py",
 line 26, in <module>
            from nose.plugins.attrib import attr

    Is there a better/simpler way to run the tests? Should i not use
devcloud-kvm? Should I not use advanced networking? Just trying to follow
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/devcloud-kvm

    A "make test" that just worked would have been nice :)

---
with INFRA.
---