I also liked the date-format, what did you mean with CCYY?

The way I think we might have a problem, would be to commits/PRs that end
up creating files with same names. Then, we would have to agree upon a way
to solve those conflicts, such as appending an extra character to indicate
a sequence to be followed or adding more data such as HH and mm to the
naming convention (YYYY-MM-DD-HH-mm).

I liked the way Wido suggested, we could just remove the “-” from
“YYYY-MM-DD-HH-mm” and use the value as an integer (YYYYMMDDHHmm).

It seems that we are reaching a consensus. I would love to hear back from
other devs though, especially committers.

BTW: do I have permission to create a page on the wiki so I can add
everything we discuss and agree upon here? This way, we could add that page
to the guidelines for devs creating PRs and committers reviewing and
merging them.

--
Rafael Weingärtner