On a certain night when a release had been cut and there was some worry about a
security fix not being included. The root cause was that we cherry-picked that
fix and as a result its commit hash had changed. Hence we couldn’t find it.

I’d recommend using forward merging instead of back porting aka cherry-picking,
so the commit hashes stay the same and fixes are easily traceable.

Just my $0.02.

Regards,
Remi