When you have this issue, if you setup a Portforwarding for ssh for the VM,
does the PF rule work?

We observed similar issue where VR does not apply or receive configs pushed
by the management-server. I haven't really start investigate that but
wondering if you have similar issue. and usually a restart of the VR or
reset of the VPC fixe the issue.

PL