Indeed. If a merge fails then you'll not be able to merge it to master or
another release branch later on anyway so the author must rebase against the
base branch first. No need spending test cycles on that.

Most likely github already reports that PR as 'unstable' so you could also
check for that.

Regards, Remi

Sent from my iPhone