GitHub user phillipkent opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs/pull/17

    Add note in dev.rst about use of the safe option in urllib.quote_plus()

    There is a mismatch between the URL encoding behavior of Python and
CloudStack's internal URL encoder (Java URLEncoder):  Python encodes *
(asterisk) characters, while Java does not. When an API call contains a *
character, an authentication failure will occur because the computed signatures
will not agree.

    The solution is to add the option "safe = '*'" to Python's
urllib.quote_plus().

    NOTE: I can only test this problem on CloudStack version 4.3.2 and I don't
have access to later versions where the behavior might be different. But the
issue was confirmed by @bhaisaab for Cloudmonkey (see
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-cloudmonkey/pull/11).

    $ git pull https://github.com/phillipkent/cloudstack-docs
dev_add_urllib_safe_option

    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs/pull/17.patch

    This closes #17

----
commit 152589eb15ec87167472b3d1f340445d87e66a7a
Author: Phillip Kent <phillip.k...@xmlsoup.com>
Date:   2016-04-08T12:30:28Z

    Add note in dev.rst about use of the safe option in Python
urllib.quote_plus()

----

---
with INFRA.