It only means that we are dropping support for newer ACS versions.
It most likely won't get into 4.9, which means 14.04 will be supported a
few more weeks/months.

We could mention in the 4.9 RN that for the next release (call it 5.0
because of the change?) will only be supported by $xyz distribution versjons

--
Erik