Hi,  Devs:

We all know how (anti)-host affinity group works in CloudStack,  I am wondering
if there is a similar concept for (anti)-storage affinity group?

The use case is as this:  in a setup with just one (somewhat) unreliable
primary storage, if the primary storage is off line, then all VM instances
would be impacted. Now if we have two primary storage volumes for the cluster,
then when one of them goes offline, only half of VM instances would be impacted
(assuming the VM instances are evenly distributed between the two primary
storage volumes).  Thus, the (anti)-storage affinity groups would make sure
that instance’s disk volumes are distributed among available primary storage
volumes just like (anti)-host affinity groups would distribute instances among
hosts.

Does anyone else see the benefits of anti-storage affinity groups?

Yiping