Github user swill commented on the issue:

    Is anyone working on this right now?

    Having reviewed this thread, I believe the following pieces are still
outstanding:
    - fix merge conflicts.
    - potentially: upgrade the VR to use Debian 8 (since we will be removing
OpenSwan which blocked that upgrade previously).
    - update implementation to use 5.x to better support NATed connections.
    - build a new systemvmtemplate from this branch on master.
    - test site-to-site vpn functionality.
    -- create ACS side first, then remote side, then connect.
    -- create remote side, then ACS side, then connect.
    -- break connection from each side to verify renegotiation of connection is
established.
    - test client-to-site vpn functionality.
    -- test from: Mac, Window and Ubuntu.
    -- test from behind NATed connection.

    What am I missing?  I am looking at potentially picking this up to try to
get it fixed and ready to merge, so any feedback from the people who have
reviewed this so far would be appreciated.

    @jburwell, @jayapalu, @rhtyd, @pdion891, @remibergsma

---
with INFRA.
---