Yes, we are currently considering creating multiple clusters.  The downside of
this approach is we need many more hosts.

Yiping

On 9/9/16, 4:05 PM, "Simon Weller" <swel...@ena.com> wrote:

    Why not just use different primary storage per cluster. You then can
control your storage failure domains on a cluster basis.

    Simon Weller/ENA
    (615) 312-6068

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Will Stevens [wstev...@cloudops.com]
    To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org [dev@cloudstack.apache.org]
    Subject: Re: storage affinity groups

    I have not really thought through this use case, but off the top of my
    head, you MAY be able to do something like use host anti-affinity and then
    use different primary storage per host affinity.  I know this is not the
    ideal solution, but it will limit the primary storage failure domain to a
    set of affinity hosts.  This pushes the responsibility of HA to the
    application deployer, which I think you are expecting to the be case
    anyway.  You still have a single point of failure with the load balancers
    unless you implement GSLB.

    This will likely complicate your capacity management, but it may be a short
    term solution for your problem until a better solution is developed.

    If I think of other potential solutions I will post them, but that is what
    I have for right now.

    *Will STEVENS*
    Lead Developer

    *CloudOps* *| *Cloud Solutions Experts