Github user jburwell commented on the issue:

    @swill the RM is still maintaining the stability of master.  I check that
all non-security merges meet the criteria we have laid out.  If/when I find one
that does not, I will roll it back, and work with the contributors to address
the deficiencies.  The value of the process to which we have agreed is not who
performs the merge operation, but the 2 LGTM threshold.

    By definition, committers co-equals in the community.  What makes @karuturi
or myself any more capable/qualified committers to assess a PR and merge it?
We simply volunteered to do help marshall releases.  We have PRs that have
languished simply waiting for one of us to have time to run a script when any
other committer could have done it.  If there are committers that you (or
anyone else) feels have not fulfilled the trust they have been imparted, there
are mechanisms for addressing those issues via PMC.  Rather than restricting
the flow of work, let's address those types of issues individually as the
Apache Way is designed.

---
with INFRA.
---