Github user koushik-das commented on the issue:

    @abhinandanprateek In latest master the sequence of event described above
only happens when the host has been determined as 'Down'. Refer to the below
code. So the bug described won't happen. Earlier even when host state was
'Alert' the same sequence used to get triggered which possibly killed healthy
VMs.

    > if (host != null && host.getStatus() == Status.Down) {
    >     _haMgr.scheduleRestartForVmsOnHost(host, true);
    > }

    In case there is still a possibility of healthy VMs getting killed then the
scenario needs to be clearly identified. If we need to fix anything, the first
thing would be look at improving the VM investigators rather than changing the
existing fencing logic.

    If we go ahead with the above fix then I can think of the following
scenario that is broken. In case of a genuine host down scenario non-HA VMs
continue to remain in 'Running' state and no operations can be done on it.
Currently non-HA VMs are marked as 'Stopped' after fencing is successful and
they can be manually started on another host.

---
with INFRA.
---